The Science Operations Group
The NOEMA Science Operations Group (SOG) is staffed with astronomers that serve as astronomers-on-duty to optimise the scientific return of the instrument, directly on the site or remotely from Grenoble.
SOG astronomers provide technical support and expertise on the Northern Extended Millimeter Array (NOEMA) to investigators and visiting astronomers for questions related to the calibration, pipeline-processing and archiving of NOEMA data. The SOG is in charge of monitoring the system to assess the data quality and the instrumental performance, and of developing the NOEMA data calibration pipeline.
The SOG employs a team of currently nine astronomers:
- Michael Bremer, Astronomer
- Jérémie Boissier, Astronomer
- Arancha Castro-Carrizo, Astronomer
- Cinthya Herrera, Astronomer
- Melanie Krips, Astronomer
- Charlène Lefèvre, Astronomer
- Miguel Montargès, Astronomer
- Roberto Neri, Project Scientist of NOEMA
- Jan Martin Winters, Scientific Coordinator of NOEMA
For any question, please contact the SOG.