The Science Operations Group
The IRAM 30m Science Operations Group (SOG) is staffed with astronomers that serve as astronomers-on-duty to optimise the scientific return of the instrument, directly on the site or remotely from Granada.
SOG astronomers provide technical support and expertise on the IRAM 30m telescope to investigators and visiting astronomers for questions related to the calibration, pipeline-processing and archiving of 30m data. The SOG is in charge of monitoring the system to assess the data quality and the instrumental performance, and of developing the 30m data calibration pipeline.
The SOG employs a team of currently five astronomers:
- Claudia Marka, Astronomer, Pool manager Heterodyne Instruments
- Pablo Garcia, Astronomer, Pool manager Continuum Cameras
- Carsten Kramer, Astronomer, Station Manager, Scheduler
- Gabriel Paubert, Astronomer
- Alessia Ritacco, Astronomer
- Albrecht Sievers, Astronomer
- Pablo Torne, Astronomer
Please also visit our Granada home page.